Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Sound of Silence

It's music to my ears! What more could a stressed out mom ask for. It's dreary and rainy today and that has kept the construction crew doing the sidewalks at bay. No cement trucks sitting stationary in reverse! Woot! Baby Girl and Bug are napping, the dogs are sleeping quietly in their box and I'm sitting around listening to All My Children and playing on the net. I'm almost in heaven!

Bug has been amazingly good today. He's pretty much been glued to Sesame Street or watching the new online videos on playhousedisney.com. We've only had a few meltdowns over little things. I've decided that I'm going to start the "I'm going to count to 5" routine. I'll tell Bug I'm going to count to 5 and give him 2 options. A) he can do what I asked or B) we can do it the hard way (a timeout or he doesn't get something he wanted). So far today it has worked. He refused to go upstairs for his nap and hid under the dining room table and I counted and ended up carrying him to his room and putting him straight to bed without his favorite stories. I haven't heard a peep out of him...knock on wood.

Baby Girl, on the otherhand, has been a handful. She's screamed for much of the morning, esp when I put her in the playpen so I could leave the room without her getting hurt. It's for her own safety, but she just doesn't understand that. She was pretty tired and she went right to sleep, too. Fingers crossed they sleep for a good long time!

Off to curl up on the couch to drool over a magazine full of yummy scrapbook embelishments that I can't afford and watch AMC.

1 comment:

Corey~living and loving said...

I am so glad to hear that your day today is going better than yesterday!
I hope you enjoyed your magazine and AMC. :) You deserve it!