Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Spring is here!

Spring is finally here in NY. Yes, it's probably been here for a while, but I can now see the leaves fully formed on the trees and the grasses are starting to sprout from the seeds scattered in the bare patches in our backyard. The flowers are blooming and making things smell wonderful and the bees are out buzzin' around doin' there thing. This is a picture I took just a little while ago of one of natures best inventions. Considering they freak me out a little, I'm glad these little buggers are around.

On another note, the temperature is currently 82° and it's nearly 7pm...Today is the 9th of May. It shouldn't be this hot yet...but really, who am I to complain. I prefer warm weather to near 0° temperatures and snow and ice. Don't worry, I'm not one to get up on a soapbox and go on and on about how humans are the cause of global warming which will cause us to have another ice age...I just accept that weather is weather and I open the windows and let the breeze blow through the house.

Call me old fashioned, but I love that I can now hang laundry out on the line to dry. I love that fresh clean scent of laundry that's been dried by the sunshine and the blowing breeze. My mom used to get up early everyday and do the wash and hang it outside before the fog burned off from the mountainside. So what if the towels get a little stiff! Nature dried them. I enjoy the quiet time outside, just me, my basket of wet clothes, and my bag of clothespins. Even though we live in the city, I still love to have that little bit of country goodness that my mom instilled in me around bringing back good memories.

No comments: